I had emergency surgery on 4/9 and then found out that my blood HCG was positive. However it was only at 149. Yesterday morning I retested and it went to 390. This seem really low but I know it doubling is a good thing. Is there still a chance that I will have a successful pregnancy? Also, we believed I concieved on March 15th so that puts me at about 4wks I believe. Any advice will help. Thank you

e_hammer22

Asked by e_hammer22 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure you know that about 40% of pregnancies miscarry in the first trimester. It's a big possibility even when everything is fine. If I were you I would consider myself a higher risk and begin to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I feel better knowing as much as I can about all the outcomes so nothing comes as a surprise. Good luck.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You went on 4/9 and again on 4/12 and your numbers did more then double. The "rule" is doubling every 48 hours so depending on the times involved and that its not an exact science your numbers did what they are supposed to. I would take that as a good sign,

However if you concieved on the 15 of last month that would not be where your numbers should be you would be medicially considered 6 weeks pregnant... Why do you think that is the date? If you weren't charting or anything you can't be sure when you ovulate.

Right now I would focus on the good you are pregnant. Best of luck to you!

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wouldnt think negative about it. I just found out I was pregnant on the 7th & I fear I will miscarry
    because I have had 2 before. I also have 3 healthy children, so you just have to be hopeful. When I was prego with my daughter
    I started spotting & it terrified me, but when I went to the er, she was fine. My point being
    don't get to upset and don't worry because its going to play out how god chooses.
    Phoerhicay

Answer by Phoerhicay at 9:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2011