Has your child ever received?

a gift for their birthday or Christmas that was so annoying that you wanted to put it in the trash??

If so, what was it and what did you do with it?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sadly I have... and the worse part is.. my DH bought it. lol We bought our SD a microphone that plays Justin Bieber song and she sings into it. I told her she can use it when she wants as long as her bedroom door is closed bc that thing is loud for being a toy.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes...my MIL bought the girls a karaoke kit with a microphone...as if we wanted their voices amplified. Jokes on grandma. We kept it about a month and now it is at her house. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yes he has and I have put it in the trash :+)
    mimi1207

Answer by mimi1207 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The ex was always giving my kid's annoying plastic flutes and musical things or annoying hand held video games that didnt have a head phone jack. The instruments always seems to disappear or get stepped on, and for some reason, (evil grin) the video games had a way of falling in the sink with dish water.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• DD has a ton of irritating toys. She's playing with one right now. It's a dragon that roars and breathes fire...makes way too much noise and that noise is way too loud. She also has a sit n spin that plays music...OMG, it's so obnoxious! Have I ever thrown anything away? Nope. She likes her toys too much for me to do that to her.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I donate them. They still work perfectly fine but I don't want it in my house.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes! My mother is the worst at that, and she does it ON PURPOSE! LOL She thinks she is so funny, but we got her back this last time. She gave the kids this guitar thing that constantly plays music when you touch it or put your hand where you would 'strum', so we took it out of the box and let them have at it- of course all they wanted to do was follow her around and 'play' for her. Take that, Mom! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes the one I remember most was my youngest got a drum set when he was 7. And he kept banging on it and banging on it. And he didn't really want to learn to play drums, I tried to get him lessons he just wanted to make a lot of noises and bang on stuff.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, yes! There was this talking book thing that had the dumbest rhyming text on it—it was like the writer took a whole 15 seconds to write the thing. I "dissappeared" it to a box in my closet, then after six months without my daughter noticing, I donated it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• YES! YES! And YES! Lets see...whistles, wooden flutes, toy microphones, loud clappy things...Oh man...I limit the time they get to play with them or tell them to play with them ONLY in their room and if they're out in the living room, they get taken for x amount of time. After awhile, they stop playing with them as much an end up getting donated to the thrift store.
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 4:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011