How many stamps? Can i just put it out in mail box?

For a Minella ( sp? ) envelope with 2 pieces of paper in it??
Can you put something that big out with regular mail?

Zoeysmom09

Asked by Zoeysmom09 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would just go to the PO so I didn't have to worry about it coming back to me. It's hard to guess how many stamps.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yes, thinking anything thats under 13oz can go first class I'd think 3 stamps would be more than enough, maybe even 2
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You can but be sure you have enough postage. For those size envelopes with up to 5 sheets of paper we pay $1.05 in postage.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/senditwithintheus/firstclassmail.htm?from=home_mailandshipping&page=firstclassmail
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thanks Ladies!
    Zoeysmom09

Comment by Zoeysmom09 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think 2 stamps would be enough if it's just 2 pieces of paper in it...And yes, you can put it out with the regular mail.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It goes by weight, not size. A manila envelope with 2 peices of paper isn't that heavy, but will cost more than 44 cents. I'm sending one out too today, it was a SASE that my boss sent me, and he put 2 forever stamps (right now, 44 cents each) plus a 17 cent stamp on it, for 2 peices of paper. Hope that helps. And if it makes a difference, I'm also a USPS employee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'd add an extra stamp, and yes, you can mail it with your regular mail.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, I assumed she was talking about an 8 1/2 X 11 manila envelope. Size does matter so says our local post office. I send mail almost daily in that size envelope and if there is less than 6 sheets of paper it cost $1.05. That's my experience.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Okay, yes, I worded that wrong, size does matter to an extent - a basic manila envelope is a set size, so they go by weight for it. Other packages do go by size, but within that size the weight makes a big difference (a single peice of candy made a $1.50 difference when I sent a small box one time!). So yes, size matters, but weight is more important when using a basic envelope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2011