AKC Registered Basset Hounds

How much would you be willing to pay for an AKC registered basset puppy?

I know, getting a dog from the shelter or rescue is best, I'm not asking about that. I jsut want to know what people would pay for an AKC registered puppy.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pets

• We have an AKC registered yellow lab, who comes from champion hunters, and we got her for free. She would have cost $300. DH used to have (he got old and died) an AKC german shorthair pointer, also from champion hunter heritage, and he was $400. For a basset, $300 would be my personal limit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The average is under $400 for CHAMPION bred bassets. But don't just start breeding your own bassets just because you have a registered pair. Responsible breeders know the blood lines of the their dogs, know the temperaments, and don't breed for the money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree with anon. The most I would pay for any dog is $500 (that's what I paid for my bi-blue female Sheltie when she was a puppy).
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• WOW!! I'm seriously (and I mean it here) amazed that you can get dogs for so little. Especially champion bred ones.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011