Normal or.....?

My son is 20 months old but he refuses to talk. I know he can say some words and even a few 2 and 3 word phrases (see it, i got it....etc) but for some reason he just will not talk. At this age my dd was talking non stop lol. Maybe I'm just freaking out a little b/c I'm used to a jabber-jaw girl. What do you all think?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Totally normal, I am taking care of a 20month old that can say a few words but rarley does and if push to talk he has a melt down. I have heard boys tend to talk later and be more stubburn about it. No worries mama he will talk when he is ready right now he is just taking it all in.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think as long as he's progressing, you shouldn't worry. I know, easier said than done. 2 and 3 word sentences at that age is good, even if it's only from a few selected words :)
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think he's fine. Some kids just don't have a lot to say. I try to encourage my boy to talk by asking him questions. When we are looking at books I'll ask questions about what's on the page. If we are in the car, I'll ask him what he sees.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011