help (70% effaced)

I was just wondering when you guys went into labor after they told you that you were effaced.
they told us i was 60% effaced and then four days later i was 70% effaced, i have another appt tomorrow...ive been having contractions here and there and feeling weird pains down low. but still no bloody show or water breaking....more discharge tho.
I just wanna hear everyone elses story so that i can kinda see how long itll be
im due the 18th of dec....hoping ill go a little earlier tho.

Loveaddict6

Asked by Loveaddict6 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well when you are 100% effaced labor can start at any time. You wont always lose your plug or have your water break before going into labor. Id say you are right on schedule and might be in labor a bit sooner if you keep on. You can also try having sex and that can bring on labor.

Answer by gemgem at 3:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• it depends on the person and the baby every single one is different...
    Anonymous

• it could be anyday now honestly things could progress quickly or you could go another couple weeks everything is up to that baby. so be patient get ready and good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• you'l always hear this, and it stinks to hear, but it could be anyday, and anyone that trys to tell you when baby will be here is guesing.. everyone is wrong!!! i was dialated 2 12 cm for 2 weeks, and 50-70% for those weeks. monday monring i was 70% and 3 cm.. he stripped my membranes, and my son was born the next morning (with only 30 minutes of pushing and 3 hours of hard labor) Good Luck & God Bless
    Mom2Briley

Answer by Mom2Briley at 3:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It really does vary. For your piece of mind, I would suggest not really paying attention to the effacement. I would pay more attention to contractions and such. I didn't efface much until I was in labor (maybe 40% before). With this one, I probably won't find out, since I am opting out of VE prior to labor and probably won't have any during either.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008