I am thinking about putting pink and blonde highlites in my light brown hair...

I am 30 though! I have always wanted to do this but never could because I had a job that didn't allow it. Not that I am a SAHM I was thinking of finally doing it! AM I just to old to pull it off now? lol. I'm not sure I care but I thought I would ask.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Go for it, I did and I'm 44, my 17yo and 23yo love it so no I don't think you are tooo old
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• To me colors like that seem childish I guess. There's a lady at my kids school that has red red like the color red not red head hair. Just looks funny to me when your a mom..lol.. I guess I'm just weird.. No offence

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm 34 with brown hair. My suggestion is to go to the mall (or order online from like eBay ) and get those clip in hair extention pieces. I bought cherry red and I love them! They're so fun!
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I like the extension idea. Change up the color whenever the mood hits ya.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 9:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The pink wouldn't be permanent It washes out in 4-6 weeks leaving just blonde highlights.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I also think depends on personality. I know some 30 somethings who couldnt pull it off. Then I know someone who is 45 who totally could. Go for it!

Clip extensions you'd have forever. Would never fade.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 10:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• As a stylist, I can tell you that the pink will not just wash out and leave blond. It will leave a pale pink, almost muddy color on your hair. If you want to do it, please have a professional do it. It will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Just do it so you can cross it off our Bucket List. Have fun!!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• YES!! My mom did purple highlights and they looked fantastic!
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Heck yah, its something fun and you can change it if you don't like it. Changing our hair is one perk of being a girl!! :)
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011