What makes getting new window treatments so challenging?

My friend has had a sheet hanging over her window for months now. I know she is not alone in avoiding buying window treatments, so I'd like to know why...

Katie445

Asked by Katie445 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Picking blinds is made much easier with a new mobile app that I found from Bali blinds. Go to Bali.com . It's free and its on the front page of the site. Worth taking a look.
    PlumLovinMom

Answer by PlumLovinMom at 4:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Because whatever you decide on will be there probably for a long time!

Answer by older at 9:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Plus we always think what we can do with that money instead of window treatments.

Answer by older at 9:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Maybe she cant decide what she wants. Window treatments are expensive so you want to make sure you know what you want.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would buy cheap solid colors panels for walmart or kmart until I could decide on something more permanent, or I would buy blinds. I do not do the sheet thing unless it was for an overnight when I first moved in.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I've still got temporary pleated paper shades on some of my windows and it has been 2.5 years since we moved into this house so I have little to say except that I need to get cracking and do something!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It is pricey and there is always something else I would like to buy
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Those horrible, over-the-top pictures in the catalogs don't help. I'm not decorating the palace at Versailles, for god's sake! I want to see something that will look good in a regular, no-nonsense house.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree with SWasson, and most of the other pps. There are also just too many options, if you are me! lol It takes me forever to choose between this and that, then there's that other thing, oh, and those over there! But I really hate it when some stores have a ton of different choices, but none are something I would like. That happens sometimes too.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Because unless you want the plastic ones, they can be expensive... Granted, a sheet costs more than the plastic ones. So, if she's willing to have a sheet, she should have those. I think they are like $5-10 for typical windows...
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011