Do you think all sex offenders even level one should be listed on sex offender lists and do you think the list should be free? adult content

My Granddaughters sex offender was offered a plea bargain so all he ended up with was a misdemeanor and is now only a level one as far as I know as I can't get a report from the DA's office. Nor can I get the restraining order I am supposed to have.

mamamel61

Asked by mamamel61 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, they should ALL be listed, and the list should be available to the public. Watchdog usually lists most of them. Have you checked there for him (if the charges are complete)?
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The list is free. Google sex offenders and then filter to your area.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm sorry about your granddaughter, you should have access to that report.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes, they should ALL be listed. But I think the list should say what they did, not what they plead to.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree they should be listed and it should be free. I want to know the "level" of the offense and what it was.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It should be free. I have access to the list and check it all the time for the status of the person who molested my daughter. He got out of jail after 2 years back in January and is already back in jail.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• So sorry to hear about your Granddaughter. Yes, they should be listed and it should all be free. It is our right as parents to know where all the dangers to them are coming from. I would want to know if an offender of any level were living close to us. You can google it and there are several free sites to search.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Not all sex offenders are child molesters. Some of them are or were an 18 year old dating a 16 y.o and had parents who pressed charges. Some are just flat out lies and a slick attorney who got a conviction falsely. They still had to register and that stigma follows them for the rest of their lives and in allot of cases ruins their life. The list should continue to be free and is part of the freedom of information act and public records. But perhaps they need to change things so people that wernt molesting kid's and are class one dont have any old person pointing fingers and making life hard.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It should be listed. What all have you searched for?
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes, and the list is always free.

Answer by older at 10:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2011