What to watch out for when diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes?

I recently had a glucose test and my doctor said I was just over a certain percentage and have gestational diabetes. I am a real tiny girl and have always tried to eat healthy my whole pregnancy. Does anyone know what I should be watching out for with this diagnosis? Share your stories I look forward to your answers.

MasonsMom2B

Asked by MasonsMom2B at 10:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• You call your doctor's office, because they should have scheduled you with a nutritionist, give a blood sugar monitor, and give you guidelines on what you need to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Have you taken the 3 hour test yet?  When the first test shows that they usually will give you a 3 hour test.  Dehydration.  Make sure to drink plenty of fluids. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I had the second test over the weekend that was 2 hours. I am seeing my doctor tonight to see what they found.
    MasonsMom2B

Comment by MasonsMom2B (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011