Do you feel it is dangerous?

to be talking on a cell phone while driving? Do you think there should be a law that people have to pull over if they get a call on their cell phones while driving?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Travel

• Of course it's dangerous! Here, it's illegal to talk and drive, but I see the police officers around here doing it all the time.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes it IS dangerous, and yes there ought to be VERY tough laws against using a cell phone in a car. In Switzerland for well over 10 years now, you CAN NOT use a cell phone in the front seat of a car. Even if your pulled off the road or parked. They give tickets based on your wealth over there. So the ticket can be a Very large sum of $
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• there is a law , in oregon and other states , no talking on cell phones and yes i agree with it.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes. I think some people just can't multitask to that extent (ex. my husband, he misses turns everytime). I find it easy and have never had a problem with talking on the phone and driving, but I'm sure a lot of people who have got in accidents have said the same thing, so it's something I rarely do.
    RJsMom116

Answer by RJsMom116 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes! A mom almost ran me over yesterday at my kids school. I was attempting to cross in the cross walk and she was too busy on the phone (while dropping off her kid) took off and almost hit me. Fortunately I was watching HER and hesitated because I thought to myself that she wasn't even going to see me, I was right.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It is illegal where I live.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• very interesting vbruno I didn't know that they should have something like that here I have seen way too many people on their cell phones while driving and not paying attention to what is going on around them
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Hands-free talking is no different, imo, than talking to someone that's sitting next to you in the car. I think most of the trouble comes in when trying to dial, answer, text, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yeah some of the police think they are above the law and can do whatever they want just because they are police officers
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011