For all the "ladies" that are so against those on Welfare/FoodStamps/WIC...

if YOU were "in charge", what would qualify people for these assistance programs?

What requirements would they have to meet before you would help them out?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 3:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• From what I have heard from some of the holier than thou ice queens:

*computer is a no no (even if it's an ancient hand me down, you are expected to pawn it off for the lousy $10, $20 it would be worth and use the cash to feed your kids garbage food)
    *no internet (shouldn't have a computer anyway, so free internet is a moot point)
    *no vehicle (you can sell it and feed your family for maybe a month, after all if you are on assistance you must not have a job and transportation is pointless or you should use public transportation).
    *absolutely no gifts to your children (don't even think about applying for those programs that give your children presents....you shouldn't even have your children if you have to get assistance, even if the hard times happened AFTER the children were born)

I'll think of some more as we go along....
    Anonymous

• well for all the people that are against it from what i have seen apparently wouldn't give it to anyone but i bet their families would be eating well and having nice holidays
    Anonymous

• I personally wish they were a little easier to get. It sucks when you make $100 too much to qualify.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 3:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• According to some of the heartless b*tches the ones wanting it would all have to be against our military being in Iraq, so they probably wouldn't qualify. They would probably have to prove they have no means to go to Disney land or on any other family vacation, because if they can they shouldn't get help for any reason. They probably wouldn't be allowed to own TV's, Computers, have internet or cable. I can't even imagine what their assinine restrictions would be.

I would say that welfare does need to be redeveloped and the programs need to be monitered but I can't believe some of the crap I have seen today. What did nobody have a good weekend?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• -- Actively looking for a job

-- No internet (go to the library!), cable TV, luxury items

-- No brand new nice luxury cars

-- On birth control

-- Not spending on their time on cafemom saying why they deserve food stamps

I have others but I need to put my son down for a nap
    Anonymous

• -Job description & employment history
    -Education - highest level achieved.
    -Assets - savings, stocks, house, cars, jewelry, anything of value over $300.
    -Describe ALL forms of income - even those who work on a CASH basis.
    -Debts - loans, mortage, daycare, etc.
    -Write me an example of your monthly budget with grocery receipts for a month
    -Area you live - to compare costs of living
    -Number of kids and where they go to school or daycare (if applicable)

Then I would have a specialist/analyst sit and interview the applicant to dicuss short term and long term goals. if laid off, discuss job hunt, etc.
    Anonymous

• Honestly I think that if you recieve welfare you need to have at least one adult in the family working or actively seeking employment (must fill out at least 10 applications per week) in addition they must put in community service or volunteer work, until they are employed full time. Must be able to pass a drug test at time of application and be subjected to random drug tests. If you come up dirty you are kicked off and ineligeble for at least 6 months. I say one adult because day care is not always an option for some people, my daughter was abused by a day care provider and she was extremely traumatized, not even sure how I will get her go to school next year as she freaks out if she is not with me. Some have kids with special needs, are breastfeeding etc..
    Anonymous

• Wouldn't it be wonderful if anyone legitimately needed money, regardless of income, could get support? I think it's unfortunate that there are folks that can really benefit that don't qualify and then the flipside where there's abuse of the system.
    babyjakesmama

Answer by babyjakesmama at 4:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• anon 3:58

Requiring people to be on birth control would work... ignoring the fact that forcing medical stuff on someone is unethical (and probably illegal) However what about those who medically cannot take it? I, for one, can't take HBC because of the hormones in it and a genetic condition that I have. That and it is against my faith to be on BC regardless. However, I'm not having sex for that same reason - I'm waiting to find a husband first.

cont
    Anonymous

• Not spending time on cafemom saying why they deserve food stamps? You're out of your mind. I can say whatever the hell I want. Like "I'm on food stamps because the state won't do enough to force my son's father to pay child support!"

What do you define as luxury items? What if those are gotten at a discount (such as at a thrift store) or as a gift? Do you want me to say "Gee Gramma, thanks for the _____, I have to sell it now!" You know, people do have "Luxury Items" from before they needed food stamps, the same thing with cars.
    Anonymous