Will I be the only one in my birthing class with my mom instead of the babies father?

I just got the email saying that my classes start tomorrow night and I was just wondering what to expect. I had planned on my babies father to go with me to them and now he's too busy with his new girlfriend and her kid to even bother to answer the phone (or she's ignoring the calls because he doesn't have a phone so I have to call hers) so my moms going with me, am I going to be the only there with someone whose not the babies dad? Maybe it's pregnancy hormones but I'm like bawling right now because I'm scared I'm going to be.

J.e.n

Asked by J.e.n at 3:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You ma be the only one there with the babies daddy but you should be just be happy your mom is there to support you. If your babies daddy is that much of an ass you shouldn't want him there any way!! Just be thankful for your mom and dont worry about what other people are going to think! Just get prepared for your baby.... Have fun! :)
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You may be the only one there with the babies daddy .......
    Sorry.... ment with out the babies daddy.....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well thats very kind of your mom to come with you and support you. And i agree with CoreyLynn. If he is such an ass you dont want him to be there anyway. Leaving you because of someone else while you are pregnant is a proof of his stupidity (im assuming this is what happened lol). But anyway. My hubby never came with me to the birthing class. Well thats because he doesnt understand that much german. But nobody brought the hubby anyway. haha. But i would have loved to bring my mom, but she is always working too hard. Your mom is a sweetheart for coming with you. Enjoy your time at the birthing class,its lots of fun :)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Im really really sorry to hear that... what an ass hole!!!!! When my husband and I went to our birthing classes a couple of yrs. ago there was a girl there with her mom. I dont think its that big of a deal cause people have there own issues. Just go in there and learn everything you need to and try to make the best out of it. That ass hole guy that got you pregnant is going to miss out on soooo much. You dont need him sweetie, there are men out there that are so much better then that. Good luck to you and keep us posted how everythings going.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You might be, but I would suggest that you take someone that will be at the birth. If that is going to be your mom, then don't worry... the goal is to take someone with you that will be able to help you when you are in labor. At my birthing class, one of the girls had her sister and another had her mom, another was alone. You never know what kind of mix you will have. Good luck. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You may be the only one in that class, but it's not that uncommon to have your mom, sister, friend or someone besides the father there. Think about women whose husbands or boyfriends cant make it due to work or some other situations.
    And like the answer before mine, be happy to have your mother there supporting you! You will be fine, dont let something like this worry you.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 4:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You might be, you might not be. My class was almost entirely Mommies and Daddies...there was at least one girl there who brought a friend instead, though. Even some women who's men are in the picture will be there with someone else. Thankfully my husband was able to work days on the nights we had class, otherwise I'd have been bringing my Mom or going alone.

Don't worry about what anyone thinks, you'll all be in the same boat: about to take on the same adventure and wanting to do it as best you can. No one will care about what you're doing, they're too busy worrying about doing their own stuff right. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• In my birth class there was one girl with her mother and there was another girl whose husband was never able to make it. Nobody is in birth class to judge anyone else. We were all just glad to have other preggo ladies to talk to! Just be proud that your momma loves you enough to join you! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• honey, i went with my mom....its about going with someone who is going to support you and be there for you dont be embarressed.
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It's ok....you might be the only one. In my birthing class, there was one girl who had her mom with her. I think it's great that your mom is supporting you. Don't be nervous or embarrassed. Everybody is just there to learn.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 4:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008