IS THERE ANY GASTRIC BYPASS PATIENTS HERE?

I HAD HIS SURGERY IN 2009, AND I LOOK GREAT!!! I JUST WANT TO CHAT OR BE FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE, WHO HAS HAD THIS SURGERY, THINKING ABOUT IT, OR IS CURRENTLY TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT FROM THE SURGERY. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL...

chardonaesmommy

Asked by chardonaesmommy at 10:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• Awesome, good for you!! I didn't but had lap band placement.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• HEY, WELL THAT IS VERY SIMILAR, WHAT YEAR? I FEEL GOOD, WILL POST PICS SOON...
    chardonaesmommy

Comment by chardonaesmommy (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i had a roux n y back in 2003 and lost nearly 200 lbs. It helped me get pregnant with DD in 2009.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• WOW! I WAS TOO, TRYING TO GET PREGGERS AFTERWARDS, BUT I NEED TO ACT FAST, MY CLOCK IS TICKN!!!
    chardonaesmommy

Comment by chardonaesmommy (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Had a friend that was over 300lbs. She's not even the same person..meaning by looks. has been very good for her. also had a friend that it didnt turn out so well for. a young one too. she hadnt been feeling good, went to take a nap and didnt wake up. Turned out she had somehow gotten a really bad infection inside, think that was a freak accident that you dont hear happen too offen with this surgery.. But Good for you all that have lost weight!..I watch the biggest loser and it's amazing how just losing weight can make such a positive change in ones life and attitude

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Congrats!! My MIL had it done in December and has lost a ton of weight.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Hello,

I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I too had the surgery. My surgery was in 2000. I was so happy to finally be thin. What you will probably experience in the first 24 months when you lose the majority of your weight is called the "honeymoon" period. I don't want to unduly scare you, but you need to be aware, and I want you to not go through what so many of us early gastric bypass guinea pigs did go through. You need to take so many more vitamins and supplements than your doctor and surgeon is probably telling you about. About 18-24 months about your surgery, after your lose your hair and regain it, many people experience anxiety and go back to old behaviors or new strange behaviors that they never had before. Please google this if you don't believe me. Some are attributing this to a phenomena they are calling addiction transfer, but I am sure this is caused by malnutrition caused by malabsorption.
    GatorGirl84121

Answer by GatorGirl84121 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You can check out my blog at www.itsnotaddictiontransfer.wordpress.com. I am not selling anything I promise. I just want those of you to not have to go through what my husband. co-worker, etc and I went through by trial and error. Unfortunately, they are not telling people that after gastric bypass surgery that upwards of about 30% of people are becoming alcoholics. The suicide rate of gastric bypass patients is sky high. How come when they've reached the weight they've supposedly wanted their entire lives? After 10 years of research, I now take probably 40 vitamins and minerals a day, which is much less that the doctors are saying. To prevent this you need to do this though. Please google this.
    GatorGirl84121

Answer by GatorGirl84121 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Well, since my surgery in 2009, I feel wonderful. Had a few complications, but they were minor,. I had a gastric ulcer, but it's healed. I had severe constipation, but it's healed, nothing serious, I am doing great. I just have to work on my exercise. I am not good with this, but notice that my tummy is getting a little fat, and I don't like it. Any ideas on how I can keep this down???????? Please help, as this was my main stress area when I was bigger!!!!!! Don' t want to go that route again, please help!!!
    chardonaesmommy

Comment by chardonaesmommy (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had the lap band placed March 10, 2009. I've lost 70 lbs to date and need to lose another 50.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2011