Do you use a cart cover for the seat and handle of the cart when shopping?

How about a highchair cover when eating out?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• no but I would wipe it down with a wipe when they were really little. Once they were old enough to not try and eat it I wasn't to worried.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I used it like one time then couldn't figure out how to use it again once it was all bundled up. I now just wipe the whole cart down before sitting my child in it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• With a new baby under a year, every time! after they hit a year we use hand sanitizer and give them a quick once over anywhere the baby touches. never fails the one time we forget we end up with the tummy flu or something unpleasant!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have one but I have tried to use it but my son always cry when I put it on Haha
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 10:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wanted a cart cover but never got one. When my kids were babies I just pushed them in their stroller and DH pushed the cart. That way not only do we not have to mess with getting them out of their infant car seat because it fit in the stroller but we avoided the whole germ covered cart issue. Now I just wipe down the cart with the wipes the grocery store provides and my hand sanitizer if they are out. One bout with a stomach virus that left me and my son sick for two weeks cured me of not cleaning the cart.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i wash it down all the time.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, and I have used restaurant highchairs in the past but they were always so worn out I was not comfortable with them and my kids hated them by 2 years or so anyway. On the rare occassion we go out to eat these days we request a booth and they are pretty good about sitting beside us.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Since there are more germs on a shopping cart then a public toilet, Yes, I have always used a cart cover called the Floppy Seat for my child. It goes over the entire seat so the child has no contact with the cart at all. People do not wash their hands regularly or bathe regularly for that matter so I choose not to expose my child to their lack of cleanliness. I love the cart cover & it's even nice & warm for the child in the winter & has loops & storage pocket for toys. I cringe when I see a baby in a cart gnawing on the cart handle.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I use a cover for the restaurant high chairs too.
    ILovemyPaulie

• I wipe down the cart and high chair with clorox wipes that I carry with me. I also always have hand sanitizer with me.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011