"When I grow up"

What did you want to be when you were younger and asked this question? Is that the path you choose or something different entirely?

Example -- I used to say that I wanted to be a lawyer "when I grow up." Instead, I work in social services with abused and neglected children.
How about you?

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wanted to be an archaeologist which in retrospect wasn't the best match because I don't like being out in the sun/dirt! I did work on a PhD in history then I was a librarian and I've spent years in information management/software development. I'm about as far from the sun/dirt as I can get, but I still do lots of research!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wanted to to a ballerina and a veterinarian. I still love to dance and I love animals. I went into retail sales, home remodeling sales and design, and now im in school for nursing.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I always used to say I wanted to be a baker.

I didn't actually bake anything until I was 18 years old!

Right now, I'm just a cashier... I have yet to go to school for anything. I'm planning on applying later this year... but it certainly won't be for baking!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wanted to be a cop when I was very young, it changed to a lawyer in my late teens and now I am a stay at home mom.. wait what?! lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• When I was real little I wanted to be a school bus driver. As I got older I wanted to be a teacher in a classroom (pre-school/kindergarten). I nearly completed my goal, but then I had my own children and decided to stay home with them. Today I'm a teacher, but that's because I have chosen to home educate my own children.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I always wanted to be a veterinarian, but I could never do what they need to do to shelter animals in college. So I took my organization skills and put them to good use as a secretary.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I always said lawyer or vet. I'm a SAHM! lol I'm sure I have at LEAST one lawyer I'm raising now, and one vet. The other two I'm not quite sure of yet. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wanted to be a Mom and a nurse.. Im not a nurse yet But Im still young and plan on going back to school when I ever find the time
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wanted to be a Veterinarian or a Teacher when I grew up. Now I am stay-at-home mom and working on my Doula Certification.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wanted to work in medicine but I got an accounting degree and ended up working in law. Go figure!
    Anonymous