A Santa question

If you do not let your children believe in Santa Claus because you think it is lying, do always tell your child the truth or do you pick and choose when to tell them the truth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• sleighwe believe in good old st. nick and you know you are about to start some shit on here. just warning you now

jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• badLOL, not a good question for some.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Lol...my SO tells me all the time that I feed our daughter full of crap. He would love to do away with Santa, but NO WAY!! I am content to let her believe as long as she will.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Santa is REAL!! We believe.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• In the beginning, after I became a born again Christian, I used to object to the idea of Santa. But my husband likes the Santa thing. I was thinking, "some day, I'll have to tell him that I lied" and what kind of example is that? But then I thought about my own childhood, and what fond memories I had of trying to stay up long enough to see Santa, wondering what he was going to bring, leaving the cookies out, and writing letters to the North Pole. I think it's healthy to let kids have pretend times and fantasies. Kids learn through play. I just let my children know what the real reason for Christmas is...Jesus Christ.
    As for the OP...no, I do not lie to my children. I may tell them only what they need to know to answer a question, but I never lie. If I don't know the answer, I tell them. If it is an inappropriate subject and I don't want to discuss it, I tell them that too.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Awesome answer, brandyj!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• winkThanks!

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• When we found out there was no Santa, I was fine but my bro was like "How could you lie to me!" Sometimes it depends on the kid. I was so dreamy as a child that when I realized my Dad was dressed as Santa, for the longest time I thought Santa Clause WAS my Dad, and Daddy was his alter ego :p
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008