Do you and your SO have simliar political outlooks?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• My hubby and I discuss the issues and hubby asks me to show him proof for the views I have that differ from his. Most of the time I show him the proof of why i think a certain way, the hubby see's my point and then will agree most of the time.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm not hugely political, but for the most part we do agree on most political issues. We didn't vote the same in the last election, but we each had our reasons for why we voted the way we did, and we respect each other's reasons. On those things that we don't agree, we usually can discuss and respect each other's views.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes!!! Politics, religion, finances, and how to raise children are in complete agreement here. We had several of these talks before we said "I do" and before the kids were born.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes, we do. I married into a family of longtime Republican supporters. DH's dad and stepmom had pictures with GOP candidates that they had contributed to all the way back to Nixon. His SM was a very big campaign supporter. I started out politically a Democrat, but even before I met and married DH, I had begun to question what the dems are doing,and supporting these days. I had already made the decision to switch parties, but being married to DH,and talking with his family really solidified that decision,and I've never regretted it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes, which is awesome, because I swear that man would argue with a brick wall. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes - our political views are very much aligned as well as our values, belief's and approach to life. That was what attracted me to him in the first place.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We are similar, he's Independent and I'm Republican. But he's more on the conservative side than liberal. Which is great 'cause I couldn't be with someone that opposite from my values, etc.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• YES! That is one of the reasons I am with him. Our views on many things are the same. Now if i can only get him to clean...............
    NTAMS

Answer by NTAMS at 10:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011