My son is being teased by his friend in front of others.

My 11 year old son is being "teased" and "taunted" by his "best" friend, but only when there is a third friend around. When my son objects or gets mad (sometimes teary), his friend tells him he is just kidding and to "butch up."

TeenaLeydig

Asked by TeenaLeydig at 10:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to that brats parents. This IS a form of Bullying and should NOT be tolerated.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That friend is NOT a true friend. Tell your son to find other friends. Not sure talking to the parents would do anything.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• And... you should be teaching your son to stand up for himself, rather than making the problem go away for him. What happens when these ultra babied kids hit the real world in a few years, eh?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Not asking for the problem to go away, just asking advice on how to proceed. HOW should he stand up for himself, is the question. Is my son an "ultra babied kid" because I am here asking advice. No need to respond, ObbyDobbie.
    TeenaLeydig

Comment by TeenaLeydig (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Teach your son to stand up for himself. If it gets too out of control, THEN I would talk to the kids parents.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well, since you said that...

Your son should ALREADY know how to use his words to defend himself, and walk away when people can't be kind.
    Life sucks, it is hard, and it is rarely ever fair- nothing is different as a child, except that you have parents to protect you from the worst of it. Verbal bullying is something he will hear his ENTIRE life, he needs to learn to be a duck and let it roll off his back. If you react to someone, you give them complete power over you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011