How can I cook salmon fillets?

Should I fry or grill?

And if i grill what should I put on them??

Hubby fancies Salmon tonight and I've never cooked it before!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 10:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• fillets would have to be grilled either on a cedar plank or on foil. I personally would bake it in a light dusting of salt and pepper. Remember it cooks really fast!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'd wrap them in tin foil, bake them, then right out of the oven put a generous squirt of two of lemon juice.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Lemon pepper is great
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I put different seasonings that I love heavily on them and pan sear them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Bake in oven with a little bit of olive oil in the bottom, salt and pepper the salmon!
    Zoeysmom09

Answer by Zoeysmom09 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I broil it usually. I put it into a glass baking dish, skin side down, rub with grapeseed oil (olive oil will do, but grapeseed oil has a higher flashpoint), grind fresh salt and pepper, and broil for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how thick- do it until it's flaky). Serve with fresh lemon slices. You can grill it, but I'd definitely use foil (either lay the salmon on the foil, or make a bag from the foil). Rosemary is another herb that's really good on salmon. Try to buy wild, not farmed. Hope it turns out well! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• A really neat way to make salmon is to first poach it in champagne with sea salt, cayenne pepper, black peppercorns, and fresh dill for a few minutes. Then take it out of the poaching liquid and saute in a pan with a pat of real butter and a tbsp of olive oil for about 5 minutes. (2 1/2 minutes per side) Really tasty!
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 5:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think any fish is better grilled, but since I don't like salmon, can't tell you much about sauces. My friend eats a teriyaki sauce on hers.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2011