If your SO went out of town for work......

My SO is out of town for work (Military) and this is our first time apart. How many days of him not calling would you be ok with? He has access to cell phone, we are on the same time, he knows I know his work schedule.

He is due back in 2 weeks.

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• Girl! My ex deployed and was gone for 18 months, I got 4 (!!!!) phone calls while he was gone and maybe 15 emails.. that was good enough for me. I knew he was alive and I didn't have to live breathe, shower and eat with my phone or computer near by.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Non mi;military when my DH is out of town we talk nightly i only for a min or two so I know he is okay...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• depends on what hes doing. .
    i know when my husband goes out in the feildor for training exserisises. i dont exspect a phone call at all. if i get one thats great. but if i dont im not upset about it- i understand hes got stuff to do.and ill jump him when he gets home-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Wouldn't expect a phone call. He could text every few days to say he was ok but, I wouldn't expect it. Just because you know his schedule and he has a cell phone doesn't mean he has cell service and it doesn't mean you really know where he is.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I guess it depends on what he is doing. My hubby just got back from a month training, he called me almost every day but there was a couple of days he was super super busy & only texted. To me that is completely fine because i know there is a lot going on for him right now.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My husband drives a truck so he is always out of town. I have had to argue with him so many times about calling our DD and me. Men just don't think.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 11:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• He is training and working 2-8. I understand if someone is deployed and cant call. Just a questions I was asking.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My husband was at Ft Polk, LA for training and could not call because he didn't have a cell signal. I had to send the first picture of our newborn daughter to his CO because he had a different phone company.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011