Do you believe in "killing with kindness"? adult content

Do you think it works and makes the hateful person think twice? Or think it's a crock?

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• It works ... I do it all the time. I think it's the best method available for diffusing otherwise inflammatory people. It's a way of turning their truth on them and directing their vision inward on themselves. Like when I went to see a doctor to *See if he was going to be fit to be our family doctor or not... he was rather rude and unprofessional within 5 minutes of entering the room and asked me sternly " what is your *PRIMARY* objective today; we have limited time you know"... I looked him in the eye, smiled, leaned forward and said "To see if you are fit to treat my family and if you and I are gonna click or not" ~ his attitude changed immediately - suddenly he was much more interested in being a thorough doctor instead of a hurried and bossy one.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've seen it work. It probably doesn't work all the time, but there are times and people its proven to work.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think it's true.. just like being able to out brain an adult bully. because you know they are thinking about it later
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That's my favorite way to fend off rude or mean people. It either makes them more mad or makes them realize how they are acting and they stop.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It definitely works.  I'm a cashier and I've won over some notoriously cantankerous customers with my sunny disposition.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, yes! I used to work at a psych hospital and the psychiatrist yelled at me and harrassed me daily. It got worse when he could see it got to me. So, I just started laughing, "Ha, ha, ha . . .you are so funny! My best buddy! You are great! A true comedian!" he would look at me, very confused, and leave. He eventually left me alone.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes I do think it works, I have done it, and usually the mean,hateful,spiteful person ends up madder cause they are not getting to you..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I know it works, it makes some furious!

Answer by older at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think it works. I know I use it! Drives the offenders I know CRAZY! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I try to use that tactic but when it's a coworker that you spend hours with daily i can't do it. I end up getting snotty right back to her and giving her the same shit she gives me. She reminds me of a bratty little sister. I think if it's just a stranger then yes it works.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011