Did you breastfeed at all?

If so, for how long did you breastfeed?

EBee12

Asked by EBee12 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I breast fed all three of my sons for 2 1/2 YEARS each. Yes, I've been told that it was excessive, but I just couldn't see feeding them canned or powdered stuff from a plastic bottle when what I was carrying was much healthier. It was the perfect time for transition to weaning and potty training. I don't regret a single moment of it, even the stares or comments about my baby being "too big" for that! You don't tell husbands that, do you? hahahah Just kidding.
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 4:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I did not breastfeed any of my three.

Answer by older at 11:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wish I could have, I tried but my milk never came in :(
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Long story short, I was only able to breastfeed for 3 months or so.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i did for about 4 months and i would have done it longer but my body wouldnt keep up and i couldnt produce enough milk for him so we had to switch to formula... and he is just fine
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• with my daughter, for a month, i went back to work when she was 2 weeks old with a release from my ob and since i was working 40 plus hours a week and couldn't pump at work, i stopped....with my ds, we tries but he was born with an underdeveloped soft palate so he couln't latch on, the only nipple he could take was the soothie
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• 1st baby i didnt make itpast the first week we were in the hospital. she wouldnt latch on i got upset and worried so i gave her a bottle. tried a few times once we got home but it didnt work so i gave up.
    2nd baby was 4 months untill my milk started drying up b/c of a medical condition.
    and 3rd baby was about 4 weeks when again my milk started drying up due to a medical condition.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yep, for about 6 months -- then switched to formula!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yes, I did but only for about 3 months. I was having a hard time w/ my milk coming in (something that runs in the family, my mom had the same problem w/ me)...he was so hungry and I was already substituting formula when I was out and he was still hungry. To make it easier, I just put him completely on formula.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I breastfed for a little over 2 weeks. I wanted to continue, but I made the mistake of pumping too soon. After that happened, my son refused and would scream bloody murder every time I tried to feed him.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2011