Kinda personal, hope I don't offend anyone

My baby is 5 weeks old. I had a C-section and I'm healing quite nicely and I'm starting to feel my old self again. So last night my husband and I decided to have some fun while she was sleeping. No matter how worked up I got I just couldn't get it going. Sex hurt so bad simply because there was absolutely no lubrication. I have never had this problem before, even when I was pregnant. Could it be hormones?? Has anyone else experienced this? I hope I'm not ruined on sex forever!!!! Perhaps it'll fix itself when I get on the pill again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• invest in some lube..
    Anonymous

• It might be your bodies way of telling you you are not healed yet. Check with your doctor and have her/him do an exam to make sure everything is ok downstairs. But no you are not ruined for sex!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• you just gave birth 5 weeks ago your body still isnt back to normal all the way try some lube for now that should help
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i had a c section almost 3 weeks ago and have been having sex since 8 days after i had it. i'm a bit dry too so i got some lube!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Arent you supposed to wait 3 months after giving birth to have sex? Thats what my OBGN told me.
    Anonymous

• 3 months? LMAO hahahahha

im srorry but there is no way at ALL i would ever be able to way that long.
    Anonymous

• annon.... 6 weeks is normal wait time after a vaginal birth.... not sure what it is after a c-section.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It's 6 weeks for C-section too, at least it was according to my doc.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 4:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Are you kidding me? You guys are my heroines. I couldn't muster up the energy to move other than to feed/change the baby until a full two months after my son was born. And you guys were ready to jump back in the sack after just a few weeks?

To the question - your body will return to normal, right now it's in recovery. A little lube should help until your body returns to producing it itself.
    LazyMistake

Answer by LazyMistake at 4:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You may be a little dry for a little while. Your body is trying to get back into the swing of things. You won't be ruined forever. Invest in some good lube and you'll be fine.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 4:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008