Am I wrong?

Last year on my birthday "April 15", I had a HORRIBLE day. My husband told be too f*cking bad! If I want a good birthday it's up to me to make it that way. I couldn't believe it. This year I refuse to rely on anyone so I made my own plans. Last night I told him I'll need the car Friday and the kids are going to my Moms. He looked shocked and said what about me I said yeah what about you. I had to remind him of why I made my OWN plans. Anywho this morning he didn't kiss me or say anything. I've text him twice and no response. SOOOO the question is "am I wrong for taking his brutal words to heart?" Also there is much more to this argument but I just put the main issue. BTW his birthday is 2 days after mine and I ALWAYS make sure it's a pleasant day at least.

KoolMom617

Asked by KoolMom617 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think you are wrong. YOU made your own plans due to last years sucking and HIS ADVICE to you. DID his birthday suck last year?? Then man brain or NOT... he should have giving this year a "what can I do to help" make this one a better one for my wife.

Invite him out if you want, but WHO'S BEING A BABY TODAY cause his little feelings are hurt (with your b-day plans this yr) Yet YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SUCK IT UP... right.

either way Hope you have a wonderful Birthday and maybe next time he will think alittle more of you and your feelings.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Include him in your celebration and celebrate his as well, don't hold those words to a grudge, nothing good ever comes of it.

Answer by older at 11:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would have at least asked him if he wanted to come along. He told you to make your own plans, but he didn't tell you to leave him completely out of those plans. And, in case you didn't know it, a woman's memory is much better and clearer than a man's, so there's a good chance that he had forgotten what he said to you while you've been waiting a whole year to even the score. While I understand your feelings, it's not a good way to strengthen a marriage, so you might want to text him and apologize for having not at least asked him if he would like to participate in your birthday plans.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You're really only hurting yourself in the long run. Let last year go and resolve to make this year better. Celebrate both your birthdays and be happy together. You don't want to regret this for a whole other year do you?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You've made your point with him that he and his words hurt you, Tell him that and move on to celebrate together
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I know he hurt you and that wasn't right. But your actions are becoming childish, talking to him about how he made you feel will be much more productive then trying to hurt him back.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• welllllllll.....a YEAR is a long time to hold a grudge, LOL. He said that on last years birthday, right?
    ALthough I do understand where your coming from..trust me..I do...I think you've made your point.
    Youve got a sitter for the kids already...go to him, tell him.."look, I'm sorry.I really do want to spend my birthday celebrating with you.Lets do_________ together"
    Kiss ..make up..let by gones be by gones.
    Good Luck...oh and HAPPY 9almost here ) BIRTHDAY! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Hell no! Your not wrong at all! He's out of order, if he doesn't give you a good Birthday, to hell with him, go have your own fun, he's sulking now because he doesn't expect you to go out without him. Sounds like you deseve a LOT better!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Just remember, two wrongs don't make a right. Remind him of what happened last year and explain that you were just taking his advise. I would at least apologize for being abrasive with the subject, but don't retract your plans. If you want him to go with you, then invite him; or explain you'd like to have a girls night for your birthday and he can help you celebrate late ;)
    IrishMomma727

Answer by IrishMomma727 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We did talk about it. He looked like he was listening but didn't say anything. Why do us women always make excuses for men's behavior. He didn't give a damn about my birthday or feelings so why should I.!? Thanks kkbird you totally got me. Some words you can't take back. We have been spending our birthdays together for the past 10 years so why all of a sudden my birthday is up to me. Even after my sucky bday last year I still treated him well on his. Breakfast, dinner, cards from me and kids, and sex so I don't think I held a grudge at all.
    KoolMom617

Comment by KoolMom617 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011