Birthday party ideas

My daughter's 6th birthday is coming up, and I'm going to be limited on funds. She hasn't yet decided if she wants 'pink, hearts, and monkeys' or a Raider themed party. It will be all of her neighborhood friends, so boys and girls will be attending. What are some fun or crafty ideas to keep the kids occupied? Most of the birthday parties around here don't do games, so we were going to do a treasure hunt, but can't think of what else to do for fun...Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would check out dollar stores in your area! Usually they have cute party stuff like you would get at walmart or a party store for alot cheaper and you might even be able to find craft/game ideas! Hope this helps and that your daughter has a great birthday!
    tnmommy2010

Answer by tnmommy2010 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• *Bring out the pillow cases....have the kids have a sack race outside
    *Buy a cheap bag of balloons...blow them up. Have kids divide up into 2 teams.Each kid has to sit on a balloon and bounce until it breaks..the team that breaks the most balloons before the timer goes off wins(give like 3 minutes on a kitchen timer)
    *Decorate "pet rocks" find some good sized rocks (about palm sized) enough for each child,get some squiggly eyes,glitter,pom poms,foam pieces,glue,etc and have each child decorate thier own rock and have a few adults judge the rocks..the best rock wins a ribbon

HAVE FUN!!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• well get sum like foam circles in the craft isle and sum of the little sticky foam animals to out on them and thers a craft or mayb dodge ball sing some songs and why no games
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm not sure about the games, the kids just aren't really that into them :( I think we will do a few anyway, they are only young once!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011