• In the Spotlight:

dollar store preggo test??

do you think they work? im 3 days late on my period (im almost never late) how early have you guys gotton a positive from the dollar store pregnancy tests??? should i just go get a good one??

stressedmommy88

Asked by stressedmommy88 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They are just as effective as the First Response tests....I say why spend more just for a name brand?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• every test is fine. they all have to pass standards to be sold on the shelf. some are just faster than others.

i got mine at wal mart a 3 pack for like 5 dollars....

it worked perfctly fine and it showed up as i was still peeing on it lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• they work just like your expensive ones i got a postive just being 2days late. buy more then one if your worried heck there only a doller.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I always used a $$ store test and they were ALWAYS right. I have used them as early as 1 week before my period was due..... Good luck!!!! If ur late I'm sure it will be reliable.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• personally, i freaking love the dollar store! and yes, ive used the dollar store pregnancy tests along with the other name brands... they all came to the same conclusion... pregnant!
    Anonymous

• It's how I found out I was pregnant and of course I thought that because the test was only a dollar it was false so i spent $10 to have another test tell me the same answer.
    Kali_deathangel

Answer by Kali_deathangel at 5:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I got a positive result the day I was suppose to get my period and it came back positive.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• They definately work!
    Emilysmom309

Answer by Emilysmom309 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008