How hard is it to get pregnant after the husband has been fixed? adult content

My husband and I are talking about having another baby. We still want to wait at least two more years until I am done with school and am more healthy. While I was pregnant with our last he got fixed cause we where done. (or we thought). I know that he can't be reversed since they took an inch away from each tube, but I have heard about taking a needle and pulling the sperm out of the sac. As anyone heard of this being done? And how much does it cost? We are military but I dont know if this is covered? Thank you

athenagmb

Asked by athenagmb at 12:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never heard of that! It is 0 % chance of getting pregnant.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I dont think it would be covered through the military. You would have to see a fertility doctor and it isnt cheap. Otherwise you have a 99% of not getting pregnant.

Answer by gemgem at 12:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yeah unless you froze sperm I have also heard zero chance most likely
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• you would have better chances with donor sperm...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• hmm well i going to also have to say its a no. we are in the same situation (husband got fdixed during last prengnacy,in the military, thought we were done,now thinking about another) we talked to the dr that did it and he said nope not happening.so we are looking into adoption now.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well my friend got pregnant after her husband had a vasectomy, it didn't take for some reason, but it is highly unlikely. I have heard of the treatment you are talking about it is basically IVF, but hightly doubtful that any insurance will cover it.. I doubt insurance will pay for a donor sperm as well. Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Donor sperm and artificial insemination is your best bet. i suppose extracting sperm from the testes is possible, but it will lack the nutrient fluid which makes up most of the semen .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• someone i know had a vasectomy and there is a method in which sperm is pulled directly from the testicles, expensive i am sure.
    NTAMS

Answer by NTAMS at 7:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• IVF+sperm extraction = really expensive. You might be better off adopting or if you really want to get pregnant  IVF with donor sperm. You are probably looking at $10,000 for just IVF (varies by area might be less might be more...and I doubt that your insurance will cover any of it...there are insurances that you can purchase that will cover infertility treatments but they are expensive...).

michcous

Answer by michcous at 4:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011