I am 6 wks prego and left my husband...

He is just emotionally abusive and so weird and mean. I can't take anymore, I left and now just found out I'm prego (took 3 test, blood test and ultra sound) so yeah I don't want to be with him but I feel so so so alone. I don't know if I can do this I have a 2 yr old son and now this. Normally we would be out buying stuff for me and the baby and all that but I am broke I can't get all the stuff I need. I'm stressed, alone, did I say stressed! I am so emotional. I have to go to Dr. appt alone I mean my mom will come sometimes but still it's not the same. I don't want to go back to him cause I was so unhappy but this is just so hard. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm pregnant!! Please just someone make me feel better. :(

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 12:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hang in there hon. MANY of us have done it alone - I was with my husband during pregnancy but left when my daughter was 1 - it was though and I was not happy for most of my pregnancy due to his drug abuse. You CAN do this, it won't be easy. Lean on your family and friends. There is no life staying with a man who isn't good to you and you will only teach your child that this behavior is acceptable - they rarely listen to what we say but the example we set (i.e. letting a man treat you poorly) this will nonverbally say to your child that it is ok. Hang in there and know things may not be perfect but you CAN do it. I wish you strength and courage!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Mom, it is going to be very hard, but you will be better off in the long run, others have done it so can you. Try to find consolation in family and friends, and just think how much better that new baby's life will be without an abusive partner, be strong for them you can do this!!!!! best of luck.

Answer by older at 12:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would go to a lawyer and file an emergency restraining order, and file for spousal support and child support today! I am sorry that your going through this, but if he is abusive you did ther right thing by leaving,,,just hang in there!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If you are SOOOOOOOOOOO LONELY..... find a hobby, a job. part-time. See if some family anf frineds would be willing to help with the babysitting to help you out.

IF U GO BACK TO HIM.... not only does that allow him to CONTROL YOU, physically and emtionally.... but your son, & NEW baby will ALSO have trust, emotionally issues and think its OK to belittle women/girls.

Do you really want that ???? THERE are different options and paths you can take instead of abuse sweetie.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• take the police to your house to get your belongings
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It is normal to be an emotional wreck during the first trimester so that's some of the issue. You did the best thing you could do by moving out trying to ensure you have a safe environement for you and baby. So rejoice in that and realize it wll be a tough road ahead but you can TOTALLY do it.. just reach out when you need help.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 12:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thank you. Yeah I'm an emotional reck right now. I will go file for sure. He has all my maternaty stuff and crib and everything and keeps saying I can have it but when I try to pick it up he wont let me come by. don't know how to deal with that...
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That would be hard and I'm sorry you're alone through this. Honestly, you may be less stressed out during your pregnancy though because you won't be emotionally abused any more. Emotional abuse is so hard to deal with. I personally think it's worse than physical abuse. Those words just stick with you. I'm sure your friends and family can pull together a little baby shower if you need the essencials for the baby. That's what friends and family are for. Don't worry so much about the doctor visits and ultrasounds. I go alone to all of mine and it doesn't really bother me. I prefer it. It's a time where I can find out how my baby is doing and even though he's not here yet, I can bond with him on my own during those times. Keep your head up. Everthing happens for a reason and this is just another adventure/chapter in life you have to endure.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• GOOD LUCK .....
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• IT NORMAL JUST TRY TO WORK IT OUT IF YOU REALLY LOVE HIM
    MS.WILLIAMS911

Answer by MS.WILLIAMS911 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011