Does the Texas Attn General serve the papers to terminate rights?

My DH and I are about to have my DS's bio-father's rights terminated so that my DH can adopt DS (Ex has already agreed). We haven't started anything yet, but I'm interested to know who serves my ex the papers? Do I have to send him something, or does the Texas Attn General serve him papers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Adoption

• A clerk of the court serves papers. A process server does it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes,vbruno is right.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If the ex agrees why does he need to be served. For that matter why do his rights need to be terminated? If he agrees he can sign a voluntary relinquishment of his rights at your attorneys office where it can be notified. Then your attny sends them to the court for approval. When my son was notified the courts were going to sever his rights he agreed to voluntarily terminate because it looks better in the future for him.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• * notorized*
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My ex relinquished his rights. If he is agreeing to do so, nobody serves anyone papers. He's not being sued. He just shows up and signs his rights away in front of the judge. He'll just get a court date in the mail.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The Constable in your county will serve him the papers to terminate his rights. And then the adoption will proceed, with a homestudy and background check.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sorry, that would be the constable in his county.
    matthewscandi

• I am going through this process as we speak only my ex refused to sign but i don't think he will show for court. If he would have agreed the atty would have drawn up the terminating papers for hi to sign and then we would proceed with the adoption
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• what vbruno said
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• rights
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011