Fake laughing?

My 4 yr old DD fake laughs all the time.....I have no idea why she is doing that....it's obviously for some kind of attention because she'll start that fake laughing (it sounds nothing like her real laugh) and then look at me and ask me "Did you hear me laughing mommy??" lol I give her all the attention in the world so I have no idea why she is seeking more but it's pretty odd lol

WTH? lol

Do your kiddies do this?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Most kids do it. When my boys were young they would push the extreme with it. When they pushed, I would say "enough, it isn't funny when it isn't real" It all worked itself out..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My 3 yr old does it all the time too
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My daughter is 3yo & she does this loud fake laugh thing too! She usually says before or after it "thats so silly" & its over nothing really it could be b/c the car she is playing with is red haha I think its cute & we just laugh along with her telling her how she is silly! I asked her yesterday if she wanted to be a comedian when she grew up & make jokes, she said yes but she also has a list of what to be when she grows up a mile long haha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• normal,, and no matter how much attention a kid gets they always like more,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My two year old does this, but he doesn't do it to seek out attention. My son likes to test his voice, the ranges in tones, and different sounds. And I think that's one of them. He does fake laugh when everyone else is laughing, but that's a normal thing for kids to do. It just sounds like your daughter is trying to get attention. It's not that you're not giving her enough, it's just she wants a specific kind maybe.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• not like that but might not b about att maybe she just found it and actually likes it and wants you to hear what she likes
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh my kids both do that! I think it is hilarious . . . but it bothers my husband. It always gets me laughing though!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Mine all did it. My 6 yr old still does, but her fake laugh and real laugh sound almost identical. She has a contagious laugh and knows it.

Answer by gemgem at 12:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011