No fetal heartbeat at 6 weeks. Could this be a sign of a miscarriage?

preg4

Asked by preg4 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 6 weeks is to early to pick up a heartbeat. They usually pick the heartbeat up at around 8 to 10 weeks of Pregnancy. Calm down and relax. Hugs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• The above poster is right. I wouldnt worry, unless you are experienceing other symptoms. They didnt hear my son's until 10 weeks.
    Jessnpat2

Answer by Jessnpat2 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Like anon said, it's too early. Besides I'm sure if there was a problem the doctor would've told you.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• If they did an ultrasound and said there was no fetal heartbeat then yes. If you're trying to hear it by external means with a doppler or stethescope it's too early. Depending on the size of the mother you won't hear the heartbeat until 10 or 11 weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2008