Is this rape? adult content

If you fell asleep and you woke up to your SO having sex with you...would you consider that rape?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• yes it yes because you didnt consent to it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• mmmmm well i guess i get raped every night ......dangit
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wouldnt consider that rape.... Thats what I'd call suprise sex... lol, jk... But, no I dont think Id consider myself bring raped in that circumstance.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't know because sometimes in my sleep I put the moves on DH, and wake up during it, now if you said to Stop, and he kept going, or he came into your house while you were asleep then yes.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• not sure. you didn't actually say "no", now if he continued after you woke up after you said "no" then yes it would be rape. i'll do things to my husband while he's sleeping to wake him up. that's the same situation, and if he asked me to stop when he wakes up i would, but he never does ;)
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would not call that rape. If you are even considering that rape, then there has to be some serious distrust in the relationship.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well, it was more of the relationship has been sour for a while....He has done stuff like that before and I just sit there and cry....this last time though, he told me I was delusional...then he blames me...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• for those who are saying no, what if you feel asleep at a party and some random guy started having sex with you? Is that rape? You didnt say no? Just because you are dating or married to him still doesnt give hi the right to do it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• it is not the same situation when it's someone you're in a relationship with and you're living with/sleeping in the same bed with. how on earth is that the same as a random stranger at a party
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• In YOUR case, Anon, with the added info in your reply, YES. It was rape. GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE as soon as you finish reading this. Head to a shelter. Call the police. DO NOT see this man again unless it's in a courtroom.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011