Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Probation question.

my dad got in trouble about 10 or 11 years ago and he has done 7 years out of a 10 year probation period. now he is on probation for a dwi and he has not drinking a drop of alcohol in 7 years. he has done his 12 step program and everything that they have asked of him for the past 7 years. not in november he got a dirty UA for meth. now that he has stopped using meth and weed his UAs have come back clean. and he was tols years ago that after seveing 3/4 of the 10 year period he could apply to get off of probation, well now they wont even let him apply because he got 1 dirty UA. my question is could he go to a rehad cnter for how ever long and show his probation ppl the paper work and show them that he has been clean every day for however long and they either ler him apply ti get off, or just let him off? i know nothing about probation or rehad/jail whatever, im trying to help my dad and i really dont know who else to ask. but if ne1 can help me please do. thank you mamas

Answer Question

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

Level 13 (973 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Its up to his probation officer to submit the paperwork to get him off probation early. He signed and agreed to all the rules of probation when he started it so I doubt they will now let him off early. All he can do is ask and try and explain his reasoning.

    Answer by vbruno at 1:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • It's gonna depend on the laws where you live, and to be will even more depend on the prob officer

    Answer by Dahis at 1:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • Doubtful. He broke the terms of his probation by using meth.

    Answer by CraftingMama at 1:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • If he has had a dirty UA, then he probably shouldn't rock the coat, but trying to end the probabtion earlier. Having even one run-in with the law or dirty UA is a probation violation. They could REVOKE probation and issue a bench warrant for his arrest. I wouldn't go there.

    The best thing he can do is remain clean and sober, stay out of trouble, and wait until the 10 year period ends. The best thing you can do is support his sobriety by talking in a positive way about AA/NA and his success.


    Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • I doubt it can happen that way. Probation officers work off the law and by law they could have taken him before a judge and asked that his probation be revoked for the one dirty test. He is probably just going to have to do his time. He should have thought about it before doing meth is my thinking. Even if a probation officer wanted to try and help him, a judge at this point would say just what I did about thinking about before doing it in the first place. Judges have no patience for much of anything these days. They just assume keep someone deemed a "troble maker" on probation then let them off and see them back in their courtroom a couple months later for something more serious.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Nipple Sensation Issues adult content

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Teen mom 2