PG or UTI?

Ok, we are attempting #4. Had my IUD removed Dec 30, Periods for Jan, Feb, and March were regular/on schedule. Last period was March 24. I'm having wicked mood swings, and my uterus feels full (like I have to unbutton my pants at my desk and in the car!) Also I'm in the bathroom at least twice an hour peeing. Feeling sick like I want to vomit. This all started over the past few days. I tested on Monday, but was negative-I'm assuming b/c its way too early. I have 8 more days til my cycle is due to start.

Can I have symptoms without a home test picking up on it? I feel like crap, are UTI symptoms similar to early pregnancy? Is there a way to test for uti at home??

willngingersmom

Asked by willngingersmom at 1:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• pick up a clear blue in 2 days.
    mean time see ur dr to cofirm uti or not.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• if its a uti you will more than likely have foul smelling urine, darker urine, it will hurt like a mofo... everyone is different but those are general symptoms. go to your doctor and order a uti test. but it doesn't sound like a uti jus tlike you are retaining water..
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yea definitely get checked to be sure but you can get a false negative on a pregnancy test
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Uti and pregnancy don't have the same symptoms.... If you have a uti it will burn when you pee, it will most likely be dark and stinkier than usual. You will have the urge to pee frequently, but only have a little, and sometimes you feel you need to go right after you've went. Take another test in a week, first pee of the morning....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, and there re tests you can get to test for a uti at home, can't remember what is called, but they aren't the easiest to read...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Doesn't hurt to go, and I'm in no short supply! My friend told me it might be uti b/c it was the same symptoms, hmmm...I guess again next week :)
    willngingersmom

Comment by willngingersmom (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011