You ready to fork over 45,931 to pay your portion of the national debt?

For my family that is 230k. I am personally debt free so I find this disgusting. Congress and President Obama have to become more responsible with our money. I will keep my 230k might need it when inflation hits. http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If we, all the little tax payers have to live within out means WHY DONT OUR LAW MARKERS HAVE TO???
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Um yeah well if they stop taking a 1/4 of SO's paycheck for taxes maybe in hell we could afford that!

Disgusting all these plans/ideas etc that they always are coming up with to fix things that honestly I dont see as my problem per say! I didnt want to spend a bunch of money on a bunch of the shit that they did!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, that is less than it is going to cost us, over here in California, to pay all of those ridiculously high six figure pensions that we have promised to our "servants".

Now, if THAT isn't one of the biggest scandals of the decade, I don't know what is.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I dont work so Ill just say no.

Answer by gemgem at 1:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• bring it on, if they pay their taxes i'll gladly pay ours.. until then.. kiss mine!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Am I ready? Sheesh, we pay nearly 4 times that each year in taxes.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 1:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think our law makers should be the one to pay the damn debt. They are the one's that cant balance a damn budget
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Absolutely not.

I've managed to stay within my budget despite having to pay for things like medical expenses (yes, I have insurance but they pay next to nothing - we pay about $20,000/yr in out of pocket expenses) and taxes (our biggest expense of them all). I've also managed to pay off my mortgage early, have paid cash for my cars since 1989, have no credit card debt, my kids college accounts and our retirement accounts are fully funded and so on and so on ... all on a police patrolman's salary. If we can stay on track and live below my means to pay for what's important and not have to rely on others, why can't the government??? Oh yeah, they're a bunch of idiots.
    Anonymous

I mailed in our quarterly check it was 250k so we do pay more than that but what is owed on the debt is different than what we pay in taxes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• IF they were ACTUALLY going to pay OFF the debt I may not have a problem with them taking an extra 10-20 per pay.....but somehow they'd screw that up. Maybe if they had the countries we owe send each of us a bill.......oh no then we'd know what the hell was truly going on in Washington....
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011