Is it OK for Boys to Wear Toenail Polish?

Today's question from Parenting.com. What's your thought?

I was reading the answers on the Parenting.com post on FB and I was both shocked and disgusted and some of the answers... I mean - WOW!!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• No i think it's crazy but that's just me. Next they will let them wear lipstick. NO!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes, it's okay.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 1:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• To each their own.

I would rather my son not wear it the colorful ones anyway. I don't mind him getting a manicure but I don't feel it is necessary for him to put polish on his nails, but if he did clear I would not care. His dad does it once in a while.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Personally no way.

Answer by gemgem at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My son's toes are purple at the moment...

And for the record, he wears colored chapstick too...

And it doesn't hurt him one bit!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• This all came out of a JCrew executive painting the toenails of her son for an ad I believe. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it and I'm really saddened that so many people are questioning her parenting over it! Shame on them for judging.
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 1:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• uhhhh, I really can't say anything seeing as my daughter dresses up my son in her tinkerbell outfit and runs around the house in it. He plays beauty shop with her too. But he's all boy....no doubt in my mind!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• – collapse
    Nope I dont think it is alright, but if some parents want to do it then when their sons come home with a black eye or complain about being called a fag then it is the parents fault.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• my husband saw pictures of me putting bows in his hair b/c he saw his sisters doing it and flipped lol
    personally i will paint his toes clear just like i paint my husbands clear but i wont paint them colors.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Personally, I don't care what anyone else does with their child, as long as they're being taken care of. However, I wouldn't paint my sons toenails pink. If he really wanted me to paint them, I might do them clear. Maybe I'm not very open-minded when it comes to stuff like that, I'm not going to dress my son like a girl, put make-up on him, or paint his nails. I'll save that for when I have a girl.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011