Does anyone have a good recipe for cream of broccoli soup?

My hubby want me to make it from scratch, I dont know how. So I wanted to get a recipe from someone who has a good one and makes it often.

Leelee1008

Asked by Leelee1008 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I melt some butter and saute some chopped onion in it. Then I add the broccoli and some chicken broth(can use water and buillion or plain water) to cover the veggies. Salt and pepper to taste. Then I make a white sauce of butter, flour and milk and stir into the broccoli mixture when the veggies are tender. Stir and cook until well blended. At the last minute, I stir in some shredded cheddar cheese. If it's too thick, add some extra milk.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I adore Cream of Broccoli Soup! I don't have a good scratch recipe though :( I want this answer, too! Bump!!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I do it 2 ways.

~Steam fresh or frozen broccoli. I usually do it in the microwave. In the meantime, in a pot on the stove, melt a few tablespoons of butter or margarine and whisk in an equal amount of flour, and let that cook while you keep stirring, til it starts to brown. Whisk in milk - about 1 cup for every 1-2 tablespoons of butter/flour. Season with salt, pepper, and anything else you like - I usually add some parsley and a little chicken boullion, and stir in the broccoli. Let simmer over low heat, stirring often, or put in the crock pot on low for a few hours, or just heat til hot. You can stir in cheese til melted too.

~In a pot, put your broccoli. Just barely cover with water, and stir in some chicken boullion. You could use broth too if you prefer. Bring to a boil, and when broccoli is done, stir in 1 cup light or heavy cream, a couple tablespoons cornstarch, and any cheese if you want. Get hot & serve.
    Anonymous

• going to try these, thanks
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't have one, but check allrecipes they always have good stuff.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011