Were you ever homeless? Did you live on the streets?

I did. But it was by choice. Many years ago. Not a nice place. But I will say it makes me appreciate what I have because of where I came from. I used to live off of $5 a week.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Who all of us are today and what we are now is all a compilation of our past experiences and encounters with other people. Your a shining example of bettering yourself! Kudo's!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I was for 2 months. Stayed with my grandmother til bought/settled on current home. I pretty much went to work and stayed in one room for 2 months.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I did live in my car at 18yo. I bought the car for $35, got a part-time job at wal-mart, and "showered" in gas station bathrooms. I left home by choice and never went back. I appreciate what I have now because I know I worked hard to get where I am. Today life is good :)
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 1:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My daughter and I were homeless for about 4 months. We lived with so many other women and children it was ridiculous, but it was like a house so we had bathrooms, washers and dryers, a kitchen, chores and what not but NOOOO privacy. The people that worked there helped me get my apartment though, so I'm thankful for that.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thank goodness it was summer when I was. I utilized the campgrounds.
    Anonymous

• I not only used campgrounds, but I also used the library. I found worked and pulled myself out of the mess.
    Anonymous

• I lived on the street when I was 17, not by choice. My mom lost her mind (literally) and threw me out. Thankfully I was able to make it out and get my first apartment within 2 months.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No but my husband was. When he was 17 he moved to a new city to stay with his dad, a couple months later, 2 weeks before his 18th birthday his dad up and left and left him in the city all alone. He was 2 weeks away from being to old to stay in a home for abandonded children. He lived on the streets until he could hussle up enough money to take a bus back to his hometown 12 hours away.
    Anonymous

• blank starecould be there soon, but i will be my own boss when it comes time

brieri

Answer by brieri at 4:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011