What do you think about people who pull out their hair?

Any kind of hair...eye lashes, hair on head, even pubic resulting in bald patches. It's an actual disorder but most people don't realize that.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• its called tricotilomania. people do it for lots of reasons, stress, nervous, etc.

Answer by Gidgetsafreaq at 2:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That someone needs to MYOB and stop stressing another person out to make their disorder worse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My sister does it and when we still lived together it drove me nuts. I'd find it everywhere. It's a type of self mutilation.

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My niece pulls out her eye lashes. She started when she was around 9. Now she's 12. She has also pulled out her eyebrows.

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think they're OCD. LOL. I am one of the crazies that did it for years...probably from the time I was 5 or 6 years old. They say it is a reaction to stress.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• maybe it's self control for them. With situations that they might be dealing with well it could be something they cannot control and pulling hair or whatever is something they can.

Answer by obenblue at 4:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011