I'm moving this week and I'm terrified! Why am I so scared!

We live in MN, our home is selling(thank God, found a bunch of sex offenders living in the area) so we are moving to my FIL's empty home for a month while we escrow on the other home in CA. You following this? LOL So I'm moving TWICE! Plus we are getting FIL's home to sell because he lives in a nursing home now. We have been at this place for 4 years. We hate it here, but I'm scared to move. I don't know why. We moved in here with three kids, and are leaving with four and three dogs, a bird and a guinea pig. Lots of nice furniture and other things that we worked really hard to get. And it scares me. I worry if this is the right thing. I know it is, but it feels so weird.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Why are you moving to CA?

And it's probably just nerves and/or fear of the unknown.
    Anonymous

• I grew up there...
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I was scared when I moved from Missouri to Texas and it was the first time I had ever left Missouri. I was just nervous and didn't really know what to expect, but once I got settled in I was fine :)
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• good luckChange is hard, not knowing how things will be can definitely make you anxious!! Try to focus on the positive and count your blessings, it does sound you have some! Good luck and God Bless.

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well your moving to the land of shake & bake. Understandable to be terrified if you ask me. Moving across the country is not an easy thing to do. Change frightens allot of people. Your always asking yourself, what will people be like how will the shopping be, the crime, the house prices, will I find a job, will I have neighbors with nice kid's my kid can play with. And many other things. Ive moved all over the country and it scares the crap out of me every time. Your fears will lessen once your there and get settles. Change is always happening, dont be sad or blue change can make you happy cause it brings you something new. Best of luck with your move.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Moving is stressful and you are not only doing it twice but the second time you are moving a great distance away. For a month you will be living mostly out of boxes (you aren't planning on unpacking and getting organzied at your FIL's?) and that alone creates an whole additional level of stress. Its a lot to do with 4 kids and 3 dogs a guinea pig and a bird plus your fil is in a nursing home STRESS STRESS and more STRESS....GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Moving always makes me nervous, there is always so much to do. I hope your move goes well!
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Moving is REALLY hard if you aren't used to it... Other than army brats and people who move often I think everyone is terrified.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It will be ok. Last year I moved across country to a place Id never even heard of! Its scary but exciting and you know its the right thing in the long run.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Its going to be a pretty big culture shock thats for sure. I understand honey.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 11:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2011