How do you deal with an ex wife who is angry all the time at you for no reason .I have been with my husband for 8 yrs and she still acts like I am some mistress that took her family away they were divorced before we met adult content

alabamaapril

Asked by alabamaapril at 1:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• She probably knows/hates that he is happier with you. You have someone she couldn't keep. Good Job! It's a compliment.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You DONT deal with her. His Ex is JEALOUS! She probably has regrets for divorcing him and the only way she knows how to cope is be a bitch to you. Screw her. DONT deal with her, or tell her FLAT out that her childish catty behavior is counter productive to the kid's mental health and to grow up already.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It's the whole toddler mentality where she thinks that, even though she's not interested, she doesn't want anyone else to have him. Like when a toddler puts down a toy and ignores it but, when another child picks it up, then she becomes interested again. Just because she's not grabbing him and squealing "MINE!" doesn't mean that's not how she feels.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Tell her to grow up and get over it. Call her on it. See what she says.
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 2:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• OMG! I'm not the best one to give advice ON drama ex-wives my dh has one of those. But yea she definitely is just hating on you she is jealous. Sometimes they are so bitter that the man was able to move on and be HAPPY. Don't let it affect you than she'll get what she wants, you two to be miserable.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• smile and b as nice as you can invite her out to lunch just blow her away with kindness
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Flipper4u21 is right, rise above it. I am the mom, my ex's girlfriend refuses to be cordial at all. We have been divorced since 2004 - and she was our babysitter no less! I am nice, invite them to all of the kids school events, birthdays, graduations, etc. It is not about us adults after all, it about our children. She needs to grow up and behave like an adult. The fact is we are going to have to deal with each other for a long time. Through their graduating high school, getting married, having children and beyond. If she cannot deal with it, she can stay home - which my ex's girlfriend has started to do even though he comes to our house and so does his family.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011