I am tryin gto feed DD healthier. How is this lunch?

She is three and a half and 25 pounds, she is a healthy weight but I want her to stay that way and take away the junk food. I am fat. I don't want her to be so I want to serve her good food. Her breakfast was a small piece of strudel, which I know what horrible but she also had a banana and milk. For lunch she had a whole PB&Honey on wheat, a few cheese cubes and a lot of pineapple and water. For dinner we are having Spaghetti, the garden combo kind on wheat noodles and I will give her a yogurt for dessert with some strawberries. Is that to bad or is it okay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• That sounds healty to me! :) You might let her eat some carrot sticks or so if she wants snacks also.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 2:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sounds fine. My daughter is 3 and 35 pounds. According to the doctor, she is perfectly normal. All kids are different when it comes to height and weight.
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 2:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• are you vegetarian? if not then you need more protein from meat in there. second, too many carbs. our human bodies are not designed to use carbs in a beneficial weight. carbs, not fat, cause the growth of fat cells. she should be eating fruits, vegetables, and protein. if you are vegetarian then you're protein can be substituted with eggs, nuts, and whey protein shakes. your carbohydrate count for the day should not exceed 60g. use your best judgement. also full fat dairy is best. humans need the fat in dairy to absorb the nutrients in it. and no fat in dairy does not make fat on the body, carbs do. whole milk and full fat dairy items are best
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• sounds very healty to me since wheat bread, and you added fruit along with the meals.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• 25 lbs at 3 1/2 wow that seems little to me...My 14 month old weighs 21 lbs and she is considered underweight.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• she is short too! We all short in this house!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh ok!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Don't forget snacks that go between the meals. I buy different veggies, cut them up, and put them on a plate or in a bowl. I place them on a shelf in the fridge and tell my 3 DSs that if they are hungry they can grab a veggie of their choice. They love that they can go into the fridge by themselves and choose something. You might consider a small meat and cheese tray. I got this idea from Daddy Daycare. I have found that if the trays are already made up, my family and I will choose those over other foods because of convenience.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yeah that is good. but she needs veggies. Here is our day so far. breakfast egg, whole wheat toast, blueberries, and milk. Snack sugar snap peas and cheese. Lunch PBJ on whole with with honey, carrots, and milk. Snack is going to be celery and pineapple, dinner chicken, corn, and fresh bell peppers, dessert fresh strawberries topped with cream.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That sounds good!It sounds like you are trying very hard to help your child and I admire that quality in people. as you do not see it as much these days.I think you should keep up the good work, p.s. I think that weight does not make a person that you can be fat , skinny, white, black but its whats underneath that really counts .Some of my best friends are rather large but say thats who they are and they are ok with it but I think its great you are encouraging your child to be healthy and make good choices.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011