Going vegetarian

Well today I am starting my vegetarian lifestyle and I was wondering how many others are seasoned vets or newbies like me!

starlit_kissez

Asked by starlit_kissez at 2:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've been a full vegetarian (not a vegan though- still do eggs and dairy) for about six years. Before that I hadn't eaten red meat in about ten, but did sometimes eat chicken and fish. Good luck with your lifestyle change! I can honestly say I really don't miss meat at all.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Are you just eating veggies, or will be looking at WHAT you are eating in terms of cheeses - some blue veined cheese contain animal rennet and a true vegetarian won't eat it. Same with ceasar dressings as they contain anchovies, so do most steak sauces. You are going to have to learn to read labels depending on the degree of vegetarianism that you are practicing. Will you be eating cheese, eggs, or milks? If not - you need to look into what becoming a Vegan takes. etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We are vegetarian in the house. Out of the house the kids can eat non-veggie as long as the meat is kosher. We do fish once or twice a month because DH would go nuts without it. I haven't had meat in about 9 years. I could leave the fish easily as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• im not need my steak
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2011