So.. anti- chocolate milk moms...

Is it all bad to give every day, even if it is only 4 oz after dinner or with snack, or are some okay. Because I am not really seeing the issue with Ovaltine... It is fat free, only 18 grams of sugar, 99% caffeine free, only 80 calories in 8 oz and super fortified... I guess the sugar is a little high but shoot yogurt has the same if not a little more... I'm confused. What is so bad about this one? I mena I know the school stuff, and Hershey's is crap...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't worry about what I give my child so much. I make sure she has healthy food and she drinks pleanly of white milk and water but I don't see the harm in letting her have a little chocolate milk or a cookie once and a while.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I just can't understand how All chocolate milk got black listed as why kids are fat...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• those 14 oz have like 18 grams of sugar in it. That is A LOT for that small of an amount. My DD does not get chocolate milk at school, she does not like it.

Chocolate milk is a treat in our house, but when i do give it to her...i give her ovaltine. She prefers the taste over the kind at school.

Why isn't it called Round-tine? It's in a round tin...lol
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I see absolutely no problem with chocolate milk. I would give it to my kids every day if they knew how to act with sugar in their system lol. My kids especially like the Horizon all natural chocolate milk, which is great.
    IrishMomma727

Answer by IrishMomma727 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My DD eats healthy -- She likes veggies better than anything else, so on the occassion she wants choc milk or even a cupcake, I let her have it. No reason not too IMO! Let kids be kids!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'd give my kid chocolate milk before I gave them soda...
    Anonymous

• If you think it's ok then it's fine... you don't have to do it someone else's way. But on a side note my son hated white milk so I gave it to him with a splash of flavor until he started to get used to it white. The way I saw it, the little bit of sugar he was getting was outweighed buy him drinking something thats good for him... he doesnt have sugar anywhere else in his diet so it was fine.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I personally have more of a problem with the milk than the chocolate ... milk is not the health food it is made out to be.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's going to hurt anything. The only thing I would worry about is my son refusing regular milk, so he hasn't had chocolate milk yet. He likes it plain, so I've had no reason to add chocolate.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If that is the way you best get your child to drink milk which has vitamin D and calcium - And it is the high fructrose corn syrup that people are griping about, but honestly ALL sugars break down the same way in the body.
    Anonymous