My husband thinks I should confront my little sister...

She is getting married..and I am very excited for her I mean the guy is really sweet and they seem pretty happy so go them...but (man this makes me feel like a spoiled brat)...She has asked me to basicaly plan her entire reseption...she put me in charge of decore, food, invites...basicaly everything except for writing her vows..which is fine I am happy to help...but the thing is she was my made of honor when I got married I mean she is my baby sister and one of the only people in my family I feel close to and it was a little rough breaking to my best friend but she understood...well my little sis hasn't even asked me to be in her line...she didn't even call me to tell me she got engaged I got a group text with a fuzzy pic of her hand and a 'hey everyone I'm engaged'...instead she has her roomy from her one semester of college, my little brothers ex-girlfriend, and some chic from the job she started 3 months ago...I guess I am feeling a bit put out I mean good hell if you are going to ask me to plan your wedding the least you can do is let me sit at the head table...but the truth is I haven't said anything to her because I feel guilty for feeling that way...after all it's her day, not mine and she should have the people standing up there that she feels close to...my husband says thats a bunch of BS and I should call her out on it but I just don't know...any advice ladies?

pregoagain2010

Asked by pregoagain2010 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I think I agree with him... I really understand how your conflicted but ultimatly, the bridal party, the maid of honor are the ones who should be responsible for these things. Unless a parent does the reception because there paying for it. I do think she's being a little inconsiderate. If it was my sister I would probably throw it in her face as a joke to see how she took it and go from there... my family operates a little strange I know but you get the point. Good Luck and dont let her take advantage of you.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would NOT be acting as a wedding planner to her. Sounds to me like she is USING You!! And worse is your making excuses as to why it's ok she treats you like this.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree sounds like a selfish thing to me. I would tell her it hurt your feelings and your not there to be used. You don't mind helping but will not be taken advantage of and set off to the side... or something like that. Good luck.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• AMEN LADIES & HUBBY. Just sayin'. I TOTALLY get where u r coming from. 1) I think it may be that SHE or they might be kinda low on budget and think that you all can afford to do this. *** I would suggest to her the catering company*** that you know nothing about this type of function and dont feel you should be a worker at a family event.

2) YOU cant afford it, 3) Is she planning on staying behind to help clean up and sweep??? then why should YOU??
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i agree call her out if u can't be in her line drop everything
    mommymtz

Answer by mommymtz at 2:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Does she actually have the money for all of this, or does she expect you to pay for it, because that was my first thought. You can't plan that sort of stuff without knowing exactly how much money is available.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'd call her out on it. Explain exactly how you feel and why. Planning a wedding is extremely time consuming are you prepared for that and who is paying for all the things needed at the wedding. Way too many questions need to be answered before I would do one thing for her wedding. Good Luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, but being at the head table and being in the wedding party.... Let it go, it's her wedding.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think what she is doing is inexcusable. It would be different if you were were matron of honor, but to not even be in the lineup is mean at best and at worst, using you and disrespecting you. And to ask you to do the reception, just bull shit.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 2:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Fine! She wants you to plan her entire reception, then charge her for it. You're providing services, she needs to provide the financial side of it.
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 2:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011