Insulin pump for toddler

while speaking to my sons diabetic coodinator yesterday I mentioned thinking about a pump for him. he has difficulty keeping his blood sugar steady and it tends to bring along issues. she said he would be a great candidate and we could make a good case to the insurance company. I am thinking about the Omnipod since hes so young he wouldnt have to worry about cords and it seems most convienient. My son will be 2 in july. what pumps do your kids use and what are the advantages and disadvantages of them?

aschwarz06

Asked by aschwarz06 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• i've not got any input but wanted to say i hope you find one that works well for him!
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 2:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My daughter was diagnosed just after her 2nd birthday in Nov. We've already started using the pump. We chose the Animas Ping. We tried out an OmniPod demo but it was really bulky on her tiny body and we had a hard time keeping it attached. We love the Pings meter remote and the fact that it's waterproof is great too. I spent a lot of time researching the 3 major brands and for us the Ping was the best choice. I do think when she's older and possibly into sports we may reconsider the Pod.
    Kaidencesmom04

Answer by Kaidencesmom04 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• we also choose the ping and recieved it in the mail on friday! i will be caling in the morning to make the appointment to get him all set up!
    aschwarz06

Comment by aschwarz06 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011