How did you tell your husband that you might want out of marriage and with kids?

How did you tell husband you do not know about your marriage. We have tried conseling and nothing changed. He will never change and just the want he was raised. How did you go about things? Their reactions? angry or understood? I mean I found a divorce lawyer card in his wallet and would only hurt me If I lost my girls since they are my world. Thanks for the advice.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 2:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• If you found a divorce lawyer's card in his wallet he is also wanting out of this marriage. I'd sit down and have a heart to heart today, no fighting, no yelling, no name calling, no threats, no accusations, just where do we go from here.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I got a job, got a townhouse and then told him the kids and I were moving out the next week. He was floored - he never really thought I would leave, but I am SO much happier now!

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Just sit down together like adults and work it out. Be direct, and share your expectations and allow him to share his. Work together to figure it out, and always keep the best interest of the kids at hand.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• DO NOT TRUST HIM!!!! call and see if that card u found... if he has retained them as his divorce attorney already that YOU are looking around yourself for one a a friend gave u their #. DOnt wait till he files, cause in his filings he MAY request the children!!!!!! and be able to remove them from you. ( just saying... seen it done too many times with too many saying ...oh no, HE'D NEVER DO THAT.... and then HE does!!!!)
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• At this point you know its coming either from him or from you. I would go talk to a lawyer to be sure you do the right thing the right way from the beginning. Some divorces are amicable and others are ugly but in lots of regards marriages are like running a business. Take all the emotion out of it and ask what the first steps you would take if you were to seperate from a business partner (you would check on finances and your most valuable assets (aka kids) to be sure you were protected. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011