Why my 3year son does not feel unconfortable to be wet or soiled in his pants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He may not be ready for potty training. When my son turned 3, he was the same way and when I expressed concern to his dr, she said some kids aren't ready til later, especially boys. It wasn't until he was a little over 3, that he started taking initiative to pee but still had many accidents. 2 weeks before his 4th birthday he decided he was ready and stopped having accidents, day & night. He was hitting all his other milestones on time, so that is why the Dr wasn't concerned. But before this, I tried everything. letting him run around w/o pants on, underwear only etc. It was like he didn't even realize what was going on. I had to stop him mid playing because he was starting to poop and not realize it.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My 4 1/2 year old just became fully potty trained. Once in a while she has an accident. It takes time. I didn't think we were ever going to get here. G/L
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 5:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• wow, this sounds like my 3yo son...its good to kno were not the only people in the world struggling with this! i hope u get alot of answers! il give ya a bump
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We used 1 jelly bean as a treat to motivate our 3 year old to potty train. Now we are out of diapers and only using night time pull-ups.
    lexhalo

Answer by lexhalo at 6:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011