This is the understanding I try to put through to those who oppose.....

This was sent to me by a friend here in CM knowing it would make me smile, and it did, please take the time to read although it is long but well worth the read, give me your thoughts? http://louisjmarinelli.com/politics/i-now-support-full-marriage-equality and if someone could make it a click able link for me I would appreciate it,

Asked by older at 2:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us! It's really hopeful that someone could have a change of heart like that after not only being on the other side, but being one of the leaders of those who are against.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Awesome.
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 2:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• WOW. Thanks for posting this.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If he really means it, I think it's great.

Unfortunately, I'm such a cynic, I'm having a hard time seeing past the fact that this is a 25 year old kid, barely out of college, who is trying to make a name for himself in political punditry. As a few others in the comments of that article stated, it must have become pretty obvious that he wasn't going to go very far opposing gay marriage... but just look at all the attention he's already getting being the former anti-gay activist who now supports gay marriage.

Seriously... I really wish this change of heart would happen to all anti-gay bigots, yet I can't help but feel cautious about this guy.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 9:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That is awesome and so encouraging.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Very awesome!
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Awesome! I have a lot of respect for that man for publically stating that he has reconsidered his position and changed his mind. A lot of people would not be self-reflective enough to do so. Thanks for posting!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It shows a lot of character for someone with his background (publicly standing for "traditional" marriage) to now stand up for same-sex marriages. What an excellent blog--I hope he gets many, many readers and can help others see the sense.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Why on Earth would someone downvote me for posting a link? What stupidity and immaturity.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011